So easy and you just can’t go wrong. Plus you could easily add what you have on hand, like tomatoes, red bell peppers, or maybe use Feta cheese instead of Parmesan.
- 12 oz linguine, whole-wheat
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3 small zucchini, cut into half-moons
- kosher salt
- 1 can of Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan (2 oz)
- Cook pasta accordingly. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water, drain, and return to the pot.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over med heat. Add the zucchini and 1/2 tsp salt. Cook, tossing often, until tender 4-5 mins. Add the chickpeas, garlic, and red pepper and cook until heated through, 2-3 mins.
- Toss the pasta with the reserved pasta water and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan. Divide the pasta among bowls and tops with the zucchini mixture and remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan.