Delicious. HEALTHY. Versatile. Simple. What more could you ask for! These are perfect for just about anyone, anything, and any time of the day. They hold up in the fridge for about 2-3 days. They are great for on the go...(say in the morning!) or for having for appetizers... or for lunch or dinner... for say, 2 people. You can definitely add any veggies you prefer, I like tomatoes and red bell pepper sometimes with fresh basil too. I top mine with Srirachi or hot sauce and serve with some asparagus. YUM! Try all my Egg Dishes!
Serves 2- Makes about 5-6 Muffins in a big tin
- 7 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- pinch kosher salt and pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes, a few dashes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup cooked broccoli, diced
- 1/4 zucchini, diced
- 1/4 cup mushroom, diced
- 2 tbs freshly grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
- Cooking spray or olive oil for the muffin tin
- 1 slice Whole Wheat bread, Ezekiel is great
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the spinach, broccoli, zucchini, and mushroom (or any of the veggie you like) and cook for 5 minutes until softened. Allow to cool slightly. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk your eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Stir in the cooled vegetables. Add 1 tbs of the cheese and stir to combine.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. You can also just brush the tins with olive oil if you prefer. Fill each tin about 1/2 full with the mixture. (You should be able to get 5 or 6 muffins with an oversize tin, or 9-10 muffins with a regular 10-muffin tin.
- Tear the slice of whole wheat bread into pieces and drop onto the top of the muffins. Sprinkle with the remaining parmigiano reggiano and bake for 35-40 minutes, until the egg is no longer soft. Enjoy!