I have many versions of my "Bean" Treats. This is just another high in fiber, high in protein, kid-friendly, brownie alternative, that's as good for your wasteline as it tastes! These are eazzzzzy, like I said. Easy measuring (on purpose) to make it fast, easy mixing, and in 5 minutes they are off to the oven. My version here is more of a classic "chewy" brownie rather than my super dense versions. It should be noted that they are NOT overly sweet, so you may want to increase the stevia/sugar if you are after that sweetness. They come out HUGE, almost like biscuits. I cut them up in to 12 Squares. Can we say fluffy, moist, and healthy? I know. I know. I love the combo of the whole wheat pastry flour, regular flour, and oat bran. The brownies make for perfect squares as they are easy to cut with a great texture. I sometimes make this with 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder and sometimes with just a taste of cinnamon. Both are optional, because whichever way you go about it, they turn out incredible every time. You just cannot mess these up, I promise. 😉 I have a flour-less version that is also gluten free. Try Moni Flour-less Bean Brownies. Or my other MONI BEAN TREATS. Enjoy!
12 Bean Brownie Squares
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder, optional
- a dash or 2 of cinnamon, optional
- 1 cup of egg whites, or 3 eggs (use flax egg for vegan)
- 1/2 cup of Stevia, or sugar (may need to increase to your preference of sweetness)
- 1/2 cup of honey, agave or maple syrup would work too
- 1/2 cup of applesauce
- 1/2 of a banana
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 can of Organic black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips, semi sweet or (vegan chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350. Spray a 8x8 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Mix in a medium size bowl all the dry ingredients; Whole-wheat pastry flour, flour, cocoa powder, oat bran, and protein powder (if using), baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon (if using).
- In a food processor or Vitamix you can now mix the; 1 cup of egg whites, 1/2 cup of Stevia, 1/2 cup of honey, 1/2 cup of apple sauce, 1/2 of a banana, pure vanilla extract, and the black beans. Mix until well blended. Now add slowly the dry ingredients, a spoonful at a time works best. Scrape the sides and mix well again.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and now top with semi sweet chocolate chips (or vegan chips.)
- Cook for about 35 mins. Check with a toothpick until it comes out clean. Enjoy!