I make these all the time! I absolutely love them, I mean how could one not? These are SO not what you may think.
You see, these are a very healthy alternative to what a chocolate cake would taste like. The difference? Well, mine are loaded with protein from Greek yogurt, egg whites, and protein powder. Plus, they contain fiber from the pumpkin and oat bran and the best part is…they really taste amazing! Works for me, how about you?
- 2 scoops of chocolate protein powder, I use Sun Warrior
- 1/4 unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 oat flour or wheat bran
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1/4 cup stevia
- cinnamon to taste, about 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4-1/3 cup non-fat greek style yogurt
- 4 egg whites
- handful of semi-sweet chocolate chips (or carob chips)- for the top, about 1/4 cup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8×8 pan with nonstick baking spray.
- Mix all wet ingredients. Then mix all the dry ingredients in another bowl. With care, slowly add the dry to the wet. Pour into prepared pan. This is when I sprinkle the chocolate chips on top, about 1/4 cups worth.
- Bake about 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Enjoy!