What is not to love about this Slaw! You will love the flavor combinations. I use broccoli slaw, tempeh bacon, water chestnuts, Greek yogurt, slivered almonds, and then I bring all the flavors out with apple cider vinegar, red onion, and just a sprinkle of sugar. 😉 This is so much better than any store bought slaw and SO MUCH BETTER FOR YOU. So feel good about this dish and bring it to your next bbq. Also try my Thai Summer Slaw. Enjoy~
- 4 slices tempeh bacon, or you can use turkey bacon
- 1 12- to 16-ounce bag shredded broccoli slaw, Trader Joes's has this ready to go
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt yogurt, if you are a mayo freak, you can use 1/4 cup canola oil mayo and 1/4 cup yogurt
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 8-ounce can low-sodium sliced water chestnuts, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion, (1/2 medium)
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds for topping
- Cook turkey bacon/or tempeh bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, turning frequently, until crisp, 5 to 8 minutes. Chop coarsely.
- Whisk yogurt, (mayo, if using), vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add water chestnuts, onion, bacon and broccoli; toss to coat. Chill until serving time. Top with slivered almonds and Enjoy!