This recipe is SO yummy! I love this recipe lately and make it all the time. It is not only super easy but it is also packed with some super duper nutrition. This is also great to sneak in some veggies for those picker eaters too. I keep this dairy free too by using sundried tomatoes instead of parmesan cheese. I also use walnuts in replace of traditional pine nuts. Serve with your favorite pasta, crackers or along with any dish! Enjoy! Follow Moni to connect on Face Book, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram (-to get a look of my everyday eats!)
- 2 cups steamed broccoli
- 1 cup basil
- 1/4 cup walnuts, or can use pine nuts
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (in place of parm cheese but can use if you want)
- 1 garlic clove
- Hit of lemon juice
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- 1-2 tbs of water or olive oil to thin out as needed
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- In a food processor, place in all the ingredients through to salt and pepper. Mix until well blended. Next based on the texture, see if you need to add in water or oil. If you are using the red pepper flakes for some heat, also add in now.
- Blend and enjoy. Serve with your favorite pasta, crackers or along with any dish!