I call it Blueberry Bliss because the blueberries (which I love and are sooooo good for you) are the star ingredient. I think the lemon yogurt is why it has such a fantastic, fresh flavor. You could also use this batter for muffins too. If you wanted to lighten this up, you could use fat-free or low-fat cream cheese and a sugar substitute as well. I make it just as is with normal butter and it really turns out amazing! I serve this in a bundt pan.
Served in Tubed Pan
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 butter
- 1/2 (8 ounce) block cream cheese, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 (8 ounce) carton lemon flavor yogurt
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Beat first 3 ingredients at medium speed of a mixer until well blended, about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs and egg white one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine two tablespoons flour and blueberries in a small bowl and toss well. Combine remaining flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with yogurt, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Fold in blueberry mixture and vanilla.
- Pour cake batter into a 10-inch tube pan coated with cooking spray. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes and then remove.