These are incredible. They beat out banana bread any day. Use a ripe banana which will provide more flavor than an unripe one. The oatmeal and nuts really add the texture and they are moist and delicious.
Makes 3 Dozen
- 1 cup all- purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened(1 1/2 sticks)
- 1/2 cup sugar(you can use a sugar substitute)
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 large)
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 8 oz semi sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped (gotta have it chunky!)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted (makes a huge difference)
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Whisk together flours, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda in a small bowl. Put butter and sugars in another bowl and with an electric mixer, mix on medium speed until fluffy. Reduce speed to low. Add egg and vanilla; mix until combined. Mix in banana. Add flour mixture; mix until just combined. Stir in oats, chocolate chunks, and walnuts.
- Using an ice cream scoop, drop dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper, spacing about 2 inches apart. Bake cookies until golden brown and just set, about 12-13 minutes. Transfer on wire racks to cool. Yum.....