I hope you all have a "Hauntingly" FUN Halloween this year! Why not have a recipe to go to so you don't feel so deprived when it comes. I wanted to post an easy treat you can make with a few pieces of your favorite Halloween Treats. You can still feel good about it and after all, I still want some "goodies," as Halloween is one of my favorite times of year. Remember TWO words: "FUN-SIZE" and NOT "King Size" on this one! I am talking about a thick Protein Shake with all your favorite toppings. Myself being a fitness expert and healthy foods chef, I will never tell you to not eat the foods you want. It is all about moderation. Treating yourself to some "fun-size" treats today is not going to destroy your efforts- so RELAX. I highly recommend a VITA MIX blender to get your shake nice and thick but if you do not have one, no worries and any blender will do. The other key is a frozen banana and xanthan gum (a natural thickening agent) to thicken it up. I love adding peanut butter and cinnamon to my protein shakes and my favorite Protein Powder is Sun Warrior. Most know about this brand, but if not, it is hands down the best on the market. So go ahead and whip this up. It is basically a healthy milkshake, meets a few "Blizzard" toppings, meets protein shake. That works for me! ENJOY! For when you need to do a sugar un-do...Try my "Original" Moni Green Drink! Also, here are all my Healthy Halloween Moni Meals!
1 "Spooky" Protein Shake
- 1/2 cup-1 cup Vanilla Almond Milk, I play with it to get the right thickness- you can use any milk you want
- 1 scoop Protein Powder, Sun Warrior is the best- I use Vanilla
- 1 frozen banana, frozen is ideal to get it nice and thick
- 1 spoonful of Peanut Butter
- Dash of xanthan gum, optional-just thickens it up even more
- Dash of cinnamon
- Good Handful of Ice
- Toppings of your choice, for me- M&M's, Snicker, Milky Way
- Dollop of Whipped Cream, optional
- Place all the ingredients in a blender OR if you have a VITA MIX- even better.
- Blend away until you get a thick consistency.
- I actually poured this in an ice-cream bowl or you can use a glass or cup.
- Top with SOME of (not all!)- your favorite Halloween treats (chopped) and Enjoy!