Lactating or not these little bites are SO scrumptious! Only 6 ingredients and super easy. Keep in the fridge or freezer and have a perfect anytime snack. I have been enjoying these all postpartum and find that they give me just what I need for a snack, dessert, pick me up, or late night nibble, etc. BUT THEY ARE PERFECT FOR ANYONE! Face Book, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram (-to get a look of my everyday eats!)I use cashew nut butter as well as oats (both have been proven for many mamas to help support milk supply). You can use any nut butter you fancy. Enjoy! Follow Moni to connect on
30-40 Balls (depends on the size)
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates, about 13-15
- 1 cup cashew butter, drippy
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/4 mashed banana, ripe
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- dash of cinnamon
- mini peanut butter cups (Trader Joes sells them) or 30-40 chocolate chips (for the center of each ball) - both optional
- Place rolled oats in a high speed food processor and process on high for about one minute until you've formed oat flour.
- Next add the rest of the ingredients and process for another 1 to 2 minutes until your dough is formed. It should look and feel like cookie dough.
- I like using a 1 tablespoon scooper. Next, scoop out dough and then roll between your palms to form your balls. Place a mini pb cup or chocolate chip in the center of each ball. Place in the fridge or freezer to store.