There are just a few facts about me you should know and one is... I will not give up my chocolate! Good news because I just created the healthiest chocolate fudge and it is still low in sugar. As I always say, a healthy diet always has wiggle room. As you know I am a big fan of coconut oil. The secret here is the coconut cream. All you need is a little can too. Gluten Free, Dairy Free, and Low in Sugar. Nothing Artificial of Processed. Delicious... meets Healthy... meets Chocolate.Rich, creamy, amazzzzzing.
This same recipe can be a fudge or a pudding. When using for a fudge; you can always double or triple the recipe and pat into a pan. I like to let it sit in the fridge or briefly in the freezer. Then cut into squares. You can also add in more ingredients: Such as a nut butter, nuts like walnuts or almonds, or a favorite protein powder.
A Pudding and Fudge Recipe:
- 4 tbs of carob powder or organic cocoa powder
- 2-4 tsp of raw honey (you can always add more but I do not like it too sweet)
- 2 tsp of coconut cream
- 2 tsp of organic coconut oil, slightly melted
- ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 grind of Himalayan sea salt, optional
- OPTIONAL ADD-INS; cinnamon, nuts, nut butter, or a protein powder. I like to use dairy free chocolate chips. NOTE: For the Fudge you can double everything.
- Mix all the ingredients well, except the optional toppings if using.
- Next add any topping or just leave plain. I like to use gluten free and dairy free chocolate chips or "chunks."
- The Fudge: Just double or triple the recipe. Pour and pat into a pan and add any additional toppings you like. Chill until firm. I like to place in the fridge or briefly the freezer. Cut into pieces and enjoy!