These are currently a favorite for us and a weekly treat we make! Not only are they packed with nutrition but they are also made with no grains, are gluten free and very low in sugar. These are great for on the go and you can just keep them in the freezer and then pop one out. I love the texture too! Let's talk nutrition: Goji berries are packed with nutrition and are a super food. Almonds and pumpkin seeds add omegas, vitamin E and zinc. These are a perfect little muffin with healthy fats and protein. All Natural Ingredients, Low Sugar, Gluten and Grain Free! Also why I love these are they are super easy to make. You can also add in anything you like. For example when in season, I recommend adding in some fresh berries. I experimented with both goji and blueberries together and they were awesome! Try all my muffin recipes, healthy treat recipes and if you like goji berries... you'll love my Coconut Cookies with Goji Berries & Cacao Nibs! Enjoy! Follow Moni to connect on Face Book, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram (-to get a look of my everyday eats!)
- 2 cups almonds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup melted ghee (can use butter)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- dash of cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 cup goji berries
- 1/2 cup seasonal berries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a food processor, grind the almonds and pumpkin seeds until smooth. Beat in eggs. Add in ghee (or butter), syrup and vanilla. Mix well.
- Next fold in the goji berries, (and berries if using) and baking soda. Spoon the mixture into muffin tins lined with paper cups.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. The tops get golden brown (they don't rise much) and are super soft in the middle. Enjoy!