You would never know there is tofu in these. These are creamy and silky and guilt-free. Make sure you buy silk tofu and not firm. They last about 2 days in the fridge. You can make the crust with phyllo sheets instead of graham crusts too. I like switching it up. I also add cinnamon to the tofu mixture as well to flavor it even more. Enjoy these unique Moni treats!
- Cooking Spray
- 6 graham cracker sheets, whole-wheat works too
- 2 tsp plus 1 tbs cocoa powder
- 2 egg whites
- 10 oz light firm silken tofu, not firm
- a few dashes of cinnamon,
- 1-2 tbs of stevia, or sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbs honey, or agave
- 2 tbs raspberries or berries of choice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray 4 cups in a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Break graham crackers into blender and process for about 5 secs. Stir and process again and repeat until fine. Place crumbs in a small bowl and stir in 2 tsp cocoa powder. Process egg whites in blender for about 10 sec or until frothy.
- Mix egg whites into crumb mixture until moistened, then place 2 tbs in each muffin tin cup. Press into a thin crust using fingers.
- Bake 15 mins until slightly browned and crispy, let cool.
- Break tofu into small pieces and place in blender with apple juice, cinnamon, and stevia. Puree for about 10 sec or until smooth.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a bowl, let cool. Add honey, remaining cocoa powder, and cooled chocolate to blender and blend until mixed through.
- Divide the tofu mixture into the prepared crust and top with raspberries/berries if using. Ready now or let chill in the fridge. Yum!