"SUPERFOOD" OATMEAL EXPRESS. Talk about a flavor explosion! This is SO good and so easy too.
This recipe is a way to eat oatmeal when you just want to add in more flavor without any awful ingredients. Food should be fun and not always so boring. It is a great recipe especially when you just can't take any more of that dry, plain oatmeal. It is full of some amazing (and tasty!) SUPERFOODS too like; chia seeds, roasted coconut chips, cocoa nibs, & cherries - which by the way, are now "IN-SEASON."
Life is like a bowl full of Rainier Cherries fresh from the market... do you agree?
This specific combo snack I have been loving lately for my busy and jam-packed days. It keeps my energy up, makes me happy, and gives me nutrients with that super food love - all in one! Talk about a FLAVOR EXPLOSION. It also keeps me away from reaching for giant chocolate chips cookies... say around 3 o' clock!
The flavors ALL together are... Tropical Terrific!
As you know I love my Oats. Here are all my Oatmeal Recipes (so many!) but if you want a Moni Recipe similar to this then check out these:Creamy Banana Coconut Oats and Healthy Apple Cinnamon Crunch Oatmeal. Check out all my Breakfast Recipes too. Enjoy!
- 3/4 cups oats, not instant
- 3/4 cup-1 cup of vanilla unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/4 cup of pineapple juice (or can use chunks)-optional
- 1 scoop of Vanilla Protein Powder, I like Perfect Fit or Sun Warrior
- 1/2 tbs of chia seeds
- 1/4 cup of cherries (amazing combo with the cocoa nibs!)
- 1 tbs of chocolate covered cocoa nibs (add for topping) - found at Trader Joe's
- 2 tbs of coconut chips (add for topping & crunch!) - Can find at Trader Joe's but could also use unsweetened coconut flakes
- Place oats, almond milk, pineapple juice or chunks (if using), vanilla protein powder, chia seeds, and cherries (pitted & cut in half) all in a med. bowl. Mix well.
- Place in the microwave for about 2-4 mins or cook how you normally make your oatmeal.
- Add any more almond milk if you need and stir again.
- Now for the toppings - add in more superfoods!: Add 1 tbs cocoa nibs & 2 tbs coconut chips (both found at Trader Joe's). ENJOY!!