I am SO excited for this recipe. (Imagine that!). Two things going on here with this one-of-a-kind recipe: I am really excited about a new protein powder that I have been experimenting with and secondly, I took a delicious family favorite classic recipe that was not very healthy...and "Moni-fied" it! That means I made it lighter, healthier but just as delicious! Oh boy was I successful too, I have to tell you. These are perfect and I hope you like lemon! Like I said I had ordered a (new to me) protein powder called Perfect Fit Protein. Have you heard of it? It comes from our girls Karena and Katrina from Tone It Up. I had been excited to play with this specific protein powder in all the baking that I do - so this is how this recipe came about. I love the Tone it Up Community and wanted to contribute something that we all could make that was easy, healthier, and also so darn delicious all at the same time. I did just that! Plus a lil' protein never hurt anyone in a cookie recipe too, right! These cookies are SO fresh and so clean thanks to that lemon! I find these to be a great "outsmart your cravings" treat too (in moderation of course). They are super easy to make. Also chewy, moist, and like I said very refreshing. Everyone will go... "hmmm what are these." NOTES: You can use any protein powder you like, but I love Perfect Fit for these especially. TO MAKE VEGAN: use a "flax egg." TO MAKE GLUTEN FREE: Use a GF Cake Mix and GF Protein Powder (btw- Perfect Fit Protein is both Vegan and GF!). Like the recipe? You will also love all my Protein Treats as well as all my Cookie Recipes & Family Recipes. Enjoy! Follow Moni to connect on Face Book, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram (-to get a look of my everyday eats!)
24-28 EASY Lemon Cookies
- 1 pkg. lemon cake mix - (look for an all-natural kind, even a GF version is out there!) NOTE: you can use an all-natural yellow if you can't find lemon.
- 2 eggs (or 2 "flax eggs" to make vegan- I myself use 2 eggs)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup divided Perfect Fit Protein vanilla - (or use any protein powder you like)
- 1 tsp. lemon extract
- 1 tbs of fresh lemon zest - (1 lemon will do the trick. I love a Meyer Lemon)
- Optional add-ins: (you could also add in 1 tbs of poppy seeds if you fancy- I did not)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a meduim bowl mix in the cake mix, 2 eggs, melted coconut oil, 1/4 cup of the vanilla perfect fit protein, 1 tsp of lemon extract, 1 tbs of fresh lemon zest, and if using poppy seeds - add now.
- Drop by teaspoons and then lighlty roll in (or dust on top of the cookies) with the remaining 1/4 cup of protein powder in a small bowl. Coat a cookie sheet with cooking spray and now place on the cookies.
- Bake for about 7-9 mins until slightly golden and the centers will be CHEWY. Do not BURN. Enjoy!