This is the easiest Pumpkin Pie you can make. That is due to a store bought pie crust, which I usually never do... I try to always make my own, but sometimes, time is cut short and you do what you can, right? Especially if it is Thanksgiving and your kitchen time is limited. 😉 Anyways, you can not mess it up, everyone will love it and it is your most classic, traditional, full-fat All American Pumpkin Pie! Sometimes you just need to get to the point...I love using maple syrup here rather than white sugar. It is a better choice for you and for taste. You can make this 2 days ahead as well. I find it is always better the next day or for breakfast...oops, did I say that?! NOTE: If the crust seems to be "almost" burning- but the center is still wiggly and not cooked, just wrap tin-foil around the crust and problem solved! Let's not forget that bike ride or walk after... mmm-k! Here are all my Thanksgiving Recipes!
- 1 pie crust, store bought, I always go for whole-wheat if possible, but that is optional
- 2 large eggs
- 1 15 oz can Pumpkin puree
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup maple syrup, pure
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 ground cloves
- TOPPINGS; whipped cream, vanilla ice cream,, shavings of chocolate, and a dash of cinnamon. ( All Optional.)
- Set oven rack to the lowest position and heat oven to 350 F. Place the pie on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, pumpkin, cream, maple syrup, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and cloves.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the crust and bake until the center is set, 60-70 mins. Let cool to room temperature before serving. (Always better the next day!)