EAT WELL. STAY FIT. FEEL GREAT.Moni xx
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temp is best
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- A dash of cinnamon, optional
- Can also add in 1 cup chopped nuts or in anything else you prefer, optional
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- PAN COOKIE VARIATION:Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Prepare dough as above. Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Makes 4 dozen bars.
- * May be stored in refrigerator for up to 1 week or in freezer for up to 8 weeks.
You can add in anything else you want to these!
For High Altitude (many of our family lives in Colorado),..try this variation: Increase flour to 2½ cups. Add 2 teaspoons water with flour and reduce both granulated sugar and brown sugar to ⅔ cup each. Bake drop cookies for 8 to 10 minutes and pan cookie for 17 to 19 minutes.