Everyone loves a classic chocolate chip cookie with a tall glass of cold milk. Especially this girl and especially Santa this time of year. This is a family recipe that I share with you today.
If you are looking for that chocolate chip cookie that is crisp yet chewy at the same time then look no further. This is your cookie recipe!
This recipe comes from my wonderful Mother in Law and the recipe has been in her family for years and years. She is the same lady that brought you Crispy Balls and Birds Nest Treats. See what I mean, bless her!
EAT WELL. STAY FIT. FEEL GREAT.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temp is best
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- A dash of cinnamon, optional
- Can also add in 1 cup chopped nuts or in anything else you prefer, optional
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- PAN COOKIE VARIATION:Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Prepare dough as above. Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Makes 4 dozen bars.
- * May be stored in refrigerator for up to 1 week or in freezer for up to 8 weeks.